Link Building Guide
Is it possible to have a simple link building guide?
What if you simply followed the rules that the search engines set out? [image_frame image="http://bsmart.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/question_mark-150x150.jpg" zoom="" alt="" width="" height="" float="right" ]
It’s radical idea I know but what if we took this right back to the olden days of March 2011 to the time before PANDA (yes some of us are old enough to remember those times).
In those far off times the web was ruled by ‘Squeeze pages’ until one day Google decided that decent content and real writers with relevant information should actually have an advantage over pure marketing companies selling everything from Ebooks to bath tubs.
OK so enough of the ancient history. What is link building and why is it so important?
- Consider having a link to your web site the equivalent of giving someone your telephone number.
- Logically the more people that have your telephone number the more times it is likely to ring.
- Major corporations and government departments have receptionists who all answer hundreds of incoming calls every day
- As a general rule people ring other people and companies because they want some form of information.
- You wouldn’t expect a major company like Coke to randomly start ringing people so they could give them Coke’s business phone number as that would be silly.
Yet for the past few years that has been the way of the Internet. For $3 per hour you can pay a company based in a third world country to contact companies all over the world via their web sites and dump your web address on their web site in case they may one day want your services. But it got worse companies started bobbing up that automated the the process so you could literally write a sales spiel and have it posted to thousands of sites all over the world with the push of a button. The finally sites started to pop up that were nothing but lists of links to thousands of random web site.
The sole aim of all of this link building was to trick Google and the search engines into thinking because your web address (Internet phone number) was all over the world you must be a really popular site. So Google changed its algorithm and in the process smashed the link building fraudsters to pieces. In the process some good companies got smashed as well.
So why link build at all?
Link building is like giving out your business card when someone visits your business. It is that simple. If the customer leaves your business without your business card they may never remember who you were or know how to contact you. Link building is still of utmost importance to the Search engines it is just now-a-days they are far more picky when it comes to how you got your links and who is linking to your site.
You can have 1000 links from all sorts of bogus sites but that won’t help any more in fact it my well see you penalised. Google is also looking at who is linking to your site and what is written on your site so advertising and squeeze pages can be sent to the Internet abyss.
All that leads us back to our simple: Link Building Guide.
- Make it easy for your visitors to link to your site.
- Invite them to link back to your site by placing a copy and paste link at the bottom of each page. Just make sure the link is to a page you wish to rank (see below), that it is worded differently on each page and change it every month.
- Have them place a link to there own site on your site.
- Also look at links to Facebook and a Facebook ‘Like’.
If everyone works together you can take away the drudgery of link building and at the same time keep the search engines ranking your site.
So …. if you did like this page please copy and paste the line below into your own web site or someone you may think would like to read this also. Please don’t forget to leave a comment with your web address on one of our posts so we can assist you with a link as well!
I just found this website called: “How to make a Website” . It is a great read and there is a lot of free stuff on the other pages. Just click on the link.